You see, Guess was a boonie dog, a stray living on whatever she could get. Fortunately, she lived on the clinic's compound, got pretty comfortable and never left. The people living here treated her as their own and that's how she has survived throughout the years. It had been weeks since we had last seen Guess. It seemed quite unusual for her not to pay us a visit. Her usual time to greet us was in the evenings just in time for dinner or we would find her loitering around outside the front of the house midday.
Just this afternoon my husband informed me that Guess was hit by a car and died. I cried as tho she were my own dog. I never did own one before, but I feel sensitive to those who know what it may feel like to have owned a dog, or a pet for that matter. It was her time to go.
Although it is so sad to say goodbye to her I know that this death is just temporary until we see her again.



No comments:
Post a Comment